Friday, September 10, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 10, 2010

"Never shall I forget the times I spent with you; continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." - Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827)

This is dedicated to the families, friends and acquaintances of the tens of thousands of people that were together in New York and in other cities on September 10, 2001.  The following day, almost 3,000 died, and they were loved ones, friends, acquaintances, business associates - you name it, they touched the lives of the many.  And with the events that unfolded less than 24 hours later, memories were all that were left for those tens of thousands of people that filled the categories listed above that were left when the almost 3,000 victims perished.

Life is too short to be petty, and it's definitely too short to hold a grudge.  We think of Beethoven for all of his masterful works (Symphony #5, Symphony #9 - for example), but rarely do we examine the words that emanated from the genius that defined him as a person.  I lost friends and customers in the 9/11 attacks, just as I lost friends and customers on that fateful day in Oklahoma City (April 19, 1995 at 9:03AM).  I had customers in the Murrah Building, and when living in OKC, was there quite often.  I passed the Day Care going into the building every time I was there, which was 3 days a week when I managed the Tandy Business Products Center in the mid-late 1980's before moving to Kansas City to be closer to family.  Friends died, and their names are on the 168 chairs in the memorial garden on the site of the greatest act of terrorism on American soil before the events of 9 years ago.

In a split second, it can be gone.  A great friend of mine, Ginger Stiver, has told me several times to "plan for the end-result, but live in the here and now - and never forget."

Ginger - this is also dedicated to you.  God Bless You . . .

Think about it . . . more thoughts tomorrow with the Quote of the Day, and you can probably imagine what the topic will be; centered around healing.

Until then,

Yogi:  9/10/2010  1:11PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment