Monday, September 20, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 20, 2010

‎"Take action in order to move toward your goals." Les Brown, Motivational Speaker (b: 1945)

This is an obvious one for me, especially if you have been following my workout and weight loss regimen.  To me, the following must be down to set goals:

  • Set the Goal (a pie in the sky goal is not a bad place to start, but be realistic)
  • Set the parameters of the goal (what will change once you meet the goal and how will it affect your life)
  • Meticulously plan the steps to attain the goal (Rome wasn't built in one day and you won't lose 40 pounds in a week)
  • Make it trackable - keep a planner or use on on-line planner, such as Livestrong.com
  • Chart your success and your failures - both are EQUALLY IMPORTANT!
  • Never lose sight of the end goal - the "end game" as it is called in Sports and Politics
  • Do not be discouraged by the little distractions or the roller coaster ride that it takes before it smooths out
  • Never give up
This has worked for me, as I have been working on the Weight and Fitness Goal since July 14th, and have already set in place a financial goal to offset what was lost in my 31 months of unemployment, so that I not only gain back what I lost, but we gain even more so that this will never happen to us again.  We want to not only be financially independent, but also to help people realize their dreams and be able to give to Charities (like the BSA) once again.

The very first step is not even written above is a "no brainer":  YOU MUST FEEL WORTHY OF THIS GOAL AND THE BENEFITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WHEN YOU REACH IT.  If you don't, the above steps will never happen.  Don't look back and say "I wish I had."  Instead, look back and say "I'm glad I did!"  (Thank you, Angela Chrysler Loehr for that inspiring quote!)

Think about it . . .

Yogi:  9/20/2010  11:45AM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment