Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 19, 2010

"Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives." - Bhagavad Gita (400BC - Unknown)

When I found this quote sometime back, it prompted me to think of those special people in my life that this passage embodies.  One would have to argue (or confirm) that every one has influences in their lives that merely the word "compassion" fits them to a "T."  So, from the time that I have been on this earth up until now, let me compile a short list (not encompassing) of those that have "excelled" in exhibiting "true compassion:"

My lovely bride and our two sons, along with Alisha and Tyler
My Mom and Dad, both sisters (Jane and Joan) and brothers Jim, Joe (Jon), and Jeffrey Dennis (Jedd) and their wonderful families
The entire Bernard Mitchell Family (and their encompassing families, as well as Bernard and Liela's brothers and sisters, and THEIR families)
Grandpa Frank Ford
Aunt Betty (both of them)
Uncle Junior (Frank Ford, Jr)
Uncle Jim and Aunt Marty
Aunt Judy and Uncle Ron
Cousins Glenys, Larry, Jack, Keith, Don, Sandra, Jeanne, Mary Kay, Diane, Craig, Deb, and the entire Mathews boys (and ALL of their families)
John and Mary Lenz
Shirley Diehl
Austin and JoAnn Turner and their entire Family
The entire Ken and Joyce Pangburn Family
Doug Leonard
Rev. Lester Moore and the entire Family
Rev. Brown Garlock and the entire Family
Debbie King Roberts
Rocky King
Shari King
The entire Hilton Roberts Family
Joan Nevius Flesch
Tresa Curtis Mott
Nancy Walter Garwick
Jodi Partridge
Bill Boswell
Lola and Linda Schnepp
Chuck Long
Priscilla Hogan Shaw
Kristi Shaw
Elizabeth Roberts
Jim Peterson (my Best Friend through High School and College, and my Best Man in 1980)
Yvonne Laning Oyler
Doug Schuster
Steve Cotton
(the above 3 were my best friends at Simpson
Mike and Gail Scribner (brother and sister)
Sheliah McGregor
Deb Oswald Tierney
John and Katherine Schmidt
Penny Johnson Hogan
Dennis Hendrickson
LeeAnn Van Sickle Back
Bob Lane
Dann Stevens
Rick Teichart (my he rest in peace)
Jon Coret
Leslie Held
Ginger Stiver
Jamiel and Linda Yameen
Bob Voss
Larry Bates
John Stacy
Tim McFarland
The Men of Kansas Alpha, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Matthew Leisman
Brad Smith
John Dillingam, II
George Weaver
John Wilcox
Verlee and Don Gilkerson
Jeff and Laura Tyler
Norm and Ilse Smith
Russ Downing
Monique Antkowicz
April Hale
John Perkowski
Dr. Bruce Williams
Bo Anderson
The entire Ed O'Toole family
The entire Leonard Hallmark family
The entire Rogers family
The entire Roger Whitaker family
My entire God and Country team and their families
Dr. Joe Walt
Dr. Ron Warnet
and last (and CERTAINLY not least) for this list: (my favorite College Professor of ALL TIME)
Dr. Robert Larsen

This is NOT a complete list, as there were many, many others.  But, these were the ones that touched my life the most through the years, and showed true compassion; not ONLY when I knew the aforementioned years ago, but even when our paths crossed again - the compassion was STILL THERE!  You see, I don't believe someone gains compassion or absorbs it through "osmosis;" I believe it is a trait in a gene that is passed on, and nurtured through love and honor.  I also believe that everyone on this list was raised with the right values.

If your name is not on this list, it doesn't mean that I don't believe you possess these qualities.  Keep in mind that you wouldn't be my friend if you WEREN'T compassionate.

So - now you know where you stand in my world.  I am VERY blessed!

I indicated early on that you would find out a lot about me over time.

Think about it . . .

Yogi:  9/19/2010  11:46AM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment