Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 23, 2010

"To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle." - Walter Chrysler, Machinist and Founder of the Chrysler Corporation (1875-1940)

Once you have reinvented yourself (as I had to do earlier this year), you find yourself in true amazement of the world around you, and you begin to look forward to every hour of every day.  I find myself looking forward to waking up and facing the day, walking and planning the day, and then carrying out God's plan - whatever that might be.

Each hour is a blessing; ask anyone who has battled cancer or is in the process of battling this horrific disease.  Ask someone who has lost a loved one (as we all have).  Finally, ask someone who has been given a second lease on life.  Every answer will be the same, for rarely will someone look at the hours of the day in the same light again.

Life-changing events happen every day, but a true blessing exists in the opportunity to live life to the fullest when you no longer take items and life for granted.  I've been there, done that - and have T-Shirts to show for it.  It is the miracle of the moment of that life-changing event that transforms us into true believers and prophets of living each day to the full extent of our capabilities, for once we have done that, we will never be the same again.

I find myself looking forward to being able to walk for exercise again, and I plan to resume on Saturday as my shin splints are almost a thing of the past.  Months ago, I never thought I would ever miss the opportunity to exercise, but I find myself yearning for the feeling of accomplishing what I set out to do: to lose 80 pounds or more by the time I am done, and then maintain that weight for the rest of my life.  I have 14 pounds or so to go, and I can't wait to get back on track again.  That's also true with our Team National experience; I can't wait to be in Altoona, Iowa again on Monday evening presenting the program in Sadie and Eric's living room; the program and way of life that has truly changed my life and my destiny.

So what's your story?

Think about it . . .

Yogi:  9/23/2010  7:32PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment