Saturday, September 25, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 25, 2010

‎"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle, Greek Philosopher (384BC-322BC)

I often wonder what life would be like without friends.  Not that I want to find out, mind you, but I pray for those who feel devoid of friends.  No one in this world should go through life without a friend, whether it be a few or many.

So many times we read about desperate souls who feel that they have no friends, yet we wonder if that was really true, or just their perception.  It has been written that we don't really know how many lives we touch through the years until we're gone.  Unfortunately, we are not able to attend our own funeral in bodily form (other than lying in the casket), we are only able to visit through the spirit.  I have known several who feel that they did not have many true friends, only to witness long lines at their visitation after they have passed on to the next world.

So, I leave you with this one thought:  If there is someone who has made a difference in your life and you consider that person a friend, please let them know NOW while you still can.  I try to do that with everyone who has been a "life-changer" for me, and I am blessed to have many!  Don't ever assume that the other person knows how you feel.  As a lifelong male (last time I checked, anyway), the "machismo" image of never showing your feelings has long been passé.  Telling someone you care doesn't make you less of a person; in fact, it completes you.  Life is too short to to keep those feelings to yourself.  My life of 52 years has blown by so fast that the next time I check the calendar, I could very well be pushing 80.

Don't get caught saying to yourself "I wish I had."  Instead, tell a deserving soul how you feel about them, and you'll be saying "I'm glad I did!"  Most importantly, you will make that person's day, and you cannot place a value on that; it is a gift that is priceless!

Think about it . . .

Yogi:  9/25/2010  2:27PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment