Friday, September 24, 2010

Today's QOTD: September 24, 2010

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." - Norman Vincent Peale, Protestant Minister and Author (1898-1993)

For anyone who has been unemployed for an extended period of time, believing in yourself is a very hard thing to do.  However, as I stated in previous days posts, you MUST have the courage to reinvent yourself.  It all begins with believing that you are worth every penny of the process, nothing less.  Place your faith in God and believe.  Begin with the little things that make you feel worthy, and work up from there.

I highly recommend the book by Darren Hardy called "The Compound Effect," for I am living it.  If you have not read it nor checked it out at your nearest Library, take a small road trip to your nearest Library and check it out.  This book can be a life-changer for you if you take what is written seriously.  If you need external inspiration and support, please email me at scouter@kc.rr.com, and I will give you my cell phone number.  In the past, little things used to get the best of me.  Yesterday, I was forced off the road by a car full of teens heading southbound on a very narrow street (as I was heading north) and my rearview mirror was sheared off by a warning sign post just a few feet above a storm drain (I was fortunate that this was all that happened, but there is car door damage as well).  In the past, this would have ruined my day, my week, and perhaps my month.  Yes, it's inconvenient, but that's all it is.  It can be replaced, just as the human spirit can be renewed.  First and foremost, you must believe in a higher power, and THEN you must believe in yourself.  Once you have mastered those two important steps, anything is possible.

Believe it; take action now.  Dare yourself to overcome obstacles; dare yourself to better your life (whatever that means to you - and ONLY you); and dare yourself to be a better a better family member and friend to those who need you.  If it's fitness and health, visit my favorite website: www.livestrong.com and take the "Dares."  Finally, let's keep in touch.  I am here for all of my friends, and if you are reading this blog post, then you must be one of them - for I know you care.

Think about it . . .

Yogi:  9/24/2010  8:07AM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment